Paying attention to all the subtle flaws and marks that are left from under-inked printing or simply the passage of time, the Artifex Forge has carefully captured these subtle textures from genuine vintage printed ink to give you the perfect finishing touch for any retro design.
The brushes are ideal for adding texture to more than just emulated print – try for yourself to see the superb texture depth that comes from layering these brushes! Even better, you don’t need to apply brushes in a complicated and time-consuming way to achieve the effects demonstrated in the preview.
First, use the large, sparse print noise brushes to cover big areas easily and efficiently. Secondly, apply the light print noise brushes on areas where you want stronger texture. Finally, use the halftone, clustered print noise and random print texture brushes to finish your design with those all-important extra details. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Need more info? Check out the tutorial HERE
Here’s everything that’s included in the pack:
- 9 Sparse Print Noise Brushes – Ideal for adding light texture to large areas quickly.
- 8 Clustered Print Noise Brushes – Great for adding small areas of texture – as used on the print blocks in the first page of the preview.
- 6 Light Print Noise Brushes – All-purpose texture. For large and small areas.
- 9 Light Halftone Brushes – Big patches of screen-tone texture.These look particularly good in corners.
- 10 Random Mark and Scuff Brushes – A selection of less regular texture brushes – use these to add extra details to your designs. The parallel lines can make the edges of your document look as if it is subtly warping due to excess ink.
- A quick reference guide – This will help you find the right brushes for the task in hand quickly.
- Example files – The first three preview images: Use these to see how I achieved the look.
- Instructions – A very thorough guide on how to load, apply and then adjust the brushes is supplied.
Please note! This product is compatible with Illustrator CS1 to CC only.